Monday, May 12, 2008

Can I freeze time?...







I had the best Mother's Day. I love this day cause it is in May and not in December after Christmas like my birthday. Mike was so sweet and really thought everything out. We made it to early church which we rarely do so that we would have most of the day. Mike had Shoreline last night so we wanted to have time after church to do something. We went to Boston Market cause there was no way I was going to face Mother's Day crowds with our two toddlers! We decided to go to the Dallas Arboretum which is a botanical garden similar to Duke Gardens for all my Carolina readers. It is much larger than Duke Gardens and it was beautiful. I tried to put the girls in somewhat matching outfits so we could get some good pictures. They had so much fun running around in the fields of flowers and exploring all the neat little houses. I told Mike I wish I could freeze time so that they will always be wearing cute dresses and hair bows. The picture of Anna running is what she loves to do now. She is so fast and strong. Today, she figured out how to open the door handle. My life is getting more interesting every day! I did pray for all my friends yesterday who have experienced loss this year. I could not stop thinking about you all and know that yesterday must have been difficult for you all. I've had 2 friends experience their baby dying in the past year. One was stillborn and the other died shortly after birth. I've had at least 5 friends have miscarriage and they've all encouraged me to enjoy every day with my children. You are all such incredible examples of God's grace and mercy. He has given you all such strength to move forward with such hope. I hope you've all had a great Monday! I look forward to reading all your blogs this week!

8 comments:

The Oakes said...

cutest pictures ever! you are making me really look forward to next year when Alaire walks!

just thought you would like to know we are watching the news and Estes Park is getting 5-7 inches of snow tonight!!!

Stacey said...

What a sweet way to celebrate Mother's Day! And precious pictures of your adorable girls to boot!

amy said...

Holly,
What precious pictures! I'm right there with you... will they wear dresses and bows forever??? I wish! :) Abby's just like Ellie... she LOVES soccer! Although she does have a PINK soccer ball! :) I'm afraid now with a brother she'll be more inclined to lose the bows much faster!

the broomes said...

Beautiful pictures, Holly...the girls are precious!!! Glad y'all had a wonderful day. Ours was a little crazy; there were tornadoes in Macon, so church was canceled! I'm right there with ya on thinking of dear friends who have seen their babies go to heaven this year. It gave me a way different perspective this Mother's day (and this entire year in general). We are beyond blessed.

The Via Colony said...

What a great day!

Stephanie said...

Love these pictures Holly....your girls are growing up so fast, I can understand why you want to freeze time and slow it down! Savor these fun days and those hair bows!! Glad it was a sweet Mother's day...way to go Mike!

Kelly Via said...

Holly, these pictures are so so great! I love them! I love the daddy/daughter one too...so sweet! I love our girls in dresses and bows...and at a beautiful park too!?? What a great day!

Anonymous said...

GOSH! What a BEAUTIFUL family...I'm catching up reading your blog after I came across it today. Loving it!