Monday, June 1, 2009

She's coming.......

Well, I'm making progress according to my doctor and a lot has happened in the last week. I had the apptmt. last Monday to turn the baby from the breach position. It was a surreal feeling because you have to check in at Labor and Delivery. They hooked me up and gave me an IV etc....My Dr. came in and checked the sono machine and she was still breach. Then another Dr. came into help him as I learned it was a 2 person job! I laid back and they put the sono jelly all over my stomach and basically it felt like a massage. They each put their hands and moved her clockwise till she was in the right position. It took all of 2 minutes! I am so glad I did it and most likely won't have a C-Section. There were no side effects and I felt really good all last week. I was 1 cm at that appointment and it was really fun to have a week with the girls without preschool and other responsibilities. I think sometimes I try to freeze the moment in my mind of my two sweet little girls who are getting so big. I know having a new baby sister will be fun for them, but also an adjustment. It seems like all our bedtime stories and prayers have been getting dragged out a lot longer lately! Mike and I got to go on one last really fun date. We used a gift card to this yummy restaurant called "The Palm". It was amazing and so much fun. He has been sooooooo helpful this pregnancy and I could not have done it without him. I know he is equally ready for me to have this baby girl. So that leads me to today's appointment. I am 39 weeks now and due on June 10th. The baby is still head down which was very exciting that she didn't go back breach! The doctor said I was 3 cm and 70% effaced. He does not think I will make it much longer, but also for peace of mind with the kiddos etc... I can be induced on Thursday at the hospital I prefer and he would be there! I was induced with Ellie and it was a good experience, but long. However, it would have been long no matter what most likely. I think they told me 12-18 hours with Ellie. Today, my doctor thought all he might have to do is just break my water and that she would probably come within 4 hours or so. He also cautioned me that since Anna came so fast and my body is very ready to get to the hospital as fast as I can! I really don't want to get stuck in Dallas traffic or miss the beloved epidural. I am feeling pretty different today so we will just have to wait and see, but please pray for us. Pray for my sweet girls to adjust well.... etc....The other positive is that Mike's parents booked a flight today so our friends won't have to help to long with our kids. I am so thankful that we are going to have lots of help this summer!
We are also 95% sure on the name.... can't wait to share it with you all! I can't wait to see this sweet baby girl and share her with you all!

7 comments:

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

I am SOOO excited for y'all! I can't wait to meet this sweet little honey! Be sure to add me to your meals list please!!!!

Katrina said...

Cannot wait to meet her! Love you

The Via Colony said...

I am SO excited! I was wondering about the breech position and glad that everything worked out so well (and easily) for you=) Can't wait to hear the news and the name!

Matt and Jen said...

what made the sheltons so secretive??? it's fun that way isn't it?! so excited for you guys and can't wait for everything to be over for you so you can look back and see what God has/had in mind for everything and His timing!!! love you guys.

Stephanie said...

Good luck Holly! Hope she's here soon.

Kelly Via said...

YAY!! She's almost here!! I can't wait to see her little pictures! Prayed for you and your family tonight.

Stacy Scott said...

Cannot wait to see pictures! We're praying for you all!