Friday, June 12, 2009

Big Sisters.....




Ellie and Anna are doing great at being big sisters and the adjustment has not been as difficult as I thought it would. I would say the first couple of days they were a little confused and out of sorts (mainly cause of mommy being in the hospital). However, it seems like Mary has always been with us and I cannot imagine her not being a part of our family! Ellie has been very interested in all things baby related and Anna doesn't seem to care very much. They have both been very gentle and I am so thankful that they have not been jealous when I am holding her. Ellie loves to throw away diapers and get the paci for me. Anna loves to tickle and give hugs. I've had some interesting conversations about nursing. Ellie really thought that babies only got bottles so I've had some explaining to do in which I am not sure I've done a great job at it! They are also very intrigued by her umbilical cord and I have been a little nervous that they will touch it. I have noticed that once I put Mary in her crib that they kind of forget about her so she rarely takes a nap out in our living room. I'm sure she enjoys the quiet of her room! I am so proud of the girls and it is really fun to have three little Shelton girls!

1 comment:

The Oakes said...

Sweet sweet post! I'm sure those girls are going to love having sisters.