Monday, June 22, 2009

Life with Three.....

Well, as you can tell my blogging has been kind of absent lately. I'm so sad as well cause Mike is at camp with our computer so I can't update with pictures. However, we are doing really well. It seems like Mary has been here forever and the adjustment time is now pretty much over for the girls. I am still adjusting with little things like getting everyone in the car etc...! Mary is so sweet and is just like she was in the womb which was very calm. She's going with the flow so far just as many mom's of three expressed that their third was really laid back. She seems similar in many ways to Ellie and Anna especially with her tiny little features on her face and tiny little feet. I have been so blessed with lots of help so I'm sure when everyone has left it will be more difficult. Mike's family was here right after she was born for a week. Ellie went to VBS at Prestonwood Baptist along with 4,000 other kids! It was craziness, but such a blessing as Mike would take her every morning and Mike's parents would watch Anna while I slept! We had lots of fun with Mimi and Granddaddy. We had a week alone which went well as both girls went to VBS last week at the church where they go to preschool. I've loved VBS that is for sure! My mom came late last week and will be here till the first of July while Mike is on a trip to Camp Barnabas in MO with the students. Ellie will be flying home with my mom for 2 weeks so it will be a nice little break as Anna still naps for 2-3 hours every afternoon. I am excited for Ellie to get lots of attention and do all kinds of "big girl" things with Nana and Papa! It has been a great way to transition into being a family of 5!

Mary has been pretty easy so far. I cannot imagine if she was really difficult as my main focus is still E and A. I am thrilled that nursing is going better this time and she seems "full" most the time! She loves her crib and the bouncy chair. She's not a fan of the swing. She likes it quiet can you imagine why? I try to put her in the crib in her room when we are home so she can get a nap in peace. There have been lots of funny things have happened so far and she's survived them all! Here's a few:
Ellie for some reason thinks she should put her hand over her mouth when she is crying so she will be quiet.
Ellie has stuck her finger in her mouth lots of time instead of the paci. (yuck)!
Ellie was very confused by the "pump". After, I was done she said "mommy can you hook me up to that and proceeded to lift up her shirt".
The girls found a sticker book today and Mary was very decorated with stickers and she slept through the whole thing.
Both girls are very into her "spitting up" and insist on helping her immediately.

Some hard things:
Getting everyone into their car seat is beyond exhausting and I think we need a new plan. It might be that the girls argue over who can have the blue car seat in the back of the van. I've taken all three quite a few places, but not the grocery store. I really don't ever want to do it for a very long time!
Nursing time is interesting cause Ellie is very into sitting right next to me the whole time and patting the baby. I don't want to discourage her loving spirit, but I am a little touched out by the end of it.
There is not much alone time these days so I really have to pray throughout the day to have patience and joy in the midst of it!

I am so thankful for all the help we have received and Mike has been amazing. He was somewhat nervous about doing it all, but he has stepped right up and done awesome! I am so proud of him and we had a great Father's day together!


1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

I'm so glad the transition is going so well for you! I have to admit to being a little nervous when I actually think about the life of a family of 5, but God def. will give us what we need=)

Can't wait to see more pictures!