Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Blessings and more....

Well, I thought about doing a "Thanksgiving" post, but it never happened. We have been gone to Arkansas for a few days and then to Lawrence, Kansas to visit Mike's family. We had such a great Thanksgiving and it was so nice to be away. We have so much to be thankful for this year and it has been on my mind so much the past couple of weeks. I am so thankful for our girls and their health. We have seen babies go to heaven this year and ones who are so sick. We have two very lively little girls who bring much joy to us each day in the midst of the toddler chaos. We are so thankful to be in Dallas at Watermark. It seems like the past couple of years have brought so much change and stress that I am feeling so content here. It is an amazing place to worship each week and Mike is loving his job so much. Our pastor's sermon on Sunday was all about gratitude and it really reminded me of how grateful we are to be at a church where Christ is truly the center. It would be an awesome sermon to listen to online. You can go to Watermark.org and then click on media.
I am so thankful that we are about to celebrate my 30th birthday and our 6th wedding anniversary. I cannot believe how fast time goes. It seems like we were just in high school or going on a date in Springfield, MO. I am thankful that each year has brought so much more and drawn me closer to Christ. Mike and I still have so much fun together. We cherish our time together so much more as life with kids has made everything a lot more busy!
I don't think I have blogged about this, but some of you know that I thought I was going to have a skin cancer removed. After, I had Anna a small place showed up on my face on top of my birthmark. It looked similar to a small zit (I know it is gross you may not want to keep reading). I left it there for a few months and then went to a dermatologist. They called it something I had never heard or and removed it with a razor blade. I thought I was going to pass out as they put a shot in my face and then used the razor blade to remove it. They did a biopsy on it to see if it was cancer. I am normally o.k. with pain, but the needle/razor blade thing was awful. They called me and said it was a form of skin cancer underneath my skin, but they weren't sure what it was. We found this out shortly after we moved. The derm. said I should go see a plastic surgeon since it was on my face. I met with a plastic surgeon and he sent me to a specific dermatologist who removed this kind of cancer where they cut a small circle on your face and then "scoop out" the cancer and then after he was done I would go back to the plastic surgeon who would finish the procedure. I was really dreading all of this and really didn't want a bandage on my face for 3 months especially during Christmas. Anyways, I met with the derm. here in TX and he wanted to look at my pathology slides again just to make sure exactly what he thought I would need to have done. He looked at them along with another pathologist and they said it was an "ingrown hair follicle"! I would not need the surgery! I cannot tell you how relieved I am and how thankful I am that I don't have to deal with all of this right now. I do urge any of you to go see the derm. if you are concerned about anything it will be worth it!
Anyways, that was a very random blog post, but it has been on my mind and I thank God for He is so good.

1 comment:

the broomes said...

wow--i didn't know about the skin cancer thing...praise God that it wasn't!!!
it's crazy how much i can relate to your blogs, holly! between crazy kid stories to ministry woes and blessings...thanks for being an encourager when you feel kindof alone in such circumstance! we'll talk soon and we definitely want to see you at Christmas!!!