Saturday, July 7, 2007

Travel Times....



Well, I really don't have much to write today, but both girls are asleep so I thought I could come up with something. I was gone for a week to my parent's house and did the drive there by myself. Why I do these things I do not know? However, it is so worth it once I get there. My mom rode back with me to Raleigh. It was so helpful cause she could sit in the back seat and give Anna a bottle. We stopped halfway and stayed the night in a hotel. It was really fun. It was the first time I have done this with Ellie in a really long time. She thought it was great sleeping in the same room with us. She was in our bed some of the time cause she would not be quiet and I was afraid she'd wake up Anna. Eventually, around 11:30 P.M. she finally fell asleep in her crib. The next day was pretty good cause we only had about 4 hours to go. It was so helpful having my mom here with me cause Mike has been so busy with out "flip" house. We took Ellie to the movies again. We saw the Veggie Tales movie "Jonah". It was pretty good, but Happy Feet is still her favorite. My dad came on the 4th and they drove home on Friday. We ended up watching the neighbors fireworks and they were quite a show. I can't believe people spend that much money on fireworks, but it was a free show for us. Ellie really enjoyed them and was not scared. Anna was already asleep! Our crazy dog Jabez ran away that night and ended up in a nearby neighbor's house. I think maybe he is getting sick cause all he wants to do is lay in his crate and his fur is turning really strange colors. He is even driving Mike crazy.....
Our house is coming along. We have found excellent workers who have led us to new workers etc.... They work really hard and are doing some amazing work. Mike is even brushing up on his spanish and has been able to communicate with them which he said they love. They are now painting the walls, laying tile, putting in windows, etc.. When it is all finished I will post some pictures and you can see the transformation. It was truly way worse than an "Extreme makeover" home and Mike has done such a good job with being a contractor, house manager, etc...We have lived at Lowe's this week and have quickly decided in NC it is a much better store than Home Depot.
We will be home for one more week then we are off again. Mike is going to camp in Floida and I am going back to my parent's house. I decided I really did not want to stay here with 2 kids by myself for a week. I also do not sleep when I have to stay by myself. I wish I was going to camp, but it is just not going to work with the travel schedule etc...They are staying at a church overnight on the way to Florida and I really do not want to stay in a room with 20 girls and Anna.
I hope each of you continues to have a great summer. We have realized lately that in the midst of desiring an easy, relaxed summer that God is still in control. He has a plan and some of it requires hard work, chasing kids, traveling with kids, etc...Mike always reminds me everything is only for a season. Whatever season you are in it will be over with someday and you will realize "Jesus has plans to prosper you not harm you, give you hope, and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

amy said...

hey holly!
the house sounds like it's coming right along... are you all still thinking you'll move in for awhile?! the girls are getting so big! are you surviving the summer? i know you'll hate missing camp, but completely understand how hard it is when you're taking kids along with you. i'm planning on taking abby with us to caswell at the end of the month, and it's sure to be an adventure. sharing a room with her is NO FUN!!!! i'm still on the fence about coming to the sale in raleigh... it's actually the 19th & 20th, so i know you all will be out of town. my mother-in-law may be here though, and if she is i'll leave abby with her and make a quick day trip of it. did you hear kim and john are moving to arkansas?!

Stephanie said...

Holly,
Glad to hear the house is going well and fun for Mike...praise the Lord! Such cute pictures of the girls...I wonder what's wrong with Jabez? Is he outside or inside all the time? Sounds like a long week to be by yourself, I'm glad you're going to your parents. Travis leaves Saturday night for 10 days...I always hate it when he's gone. The first day is great and then I'm lonely. Hope you are having a good week. Miss you guys! Did Amy mean the Hurleys? Why are they moving to Arkansas?