Thursday, December 3, 2009

We love this girl....



Mary is 6 months old tomorrow. I can't believe it and it has been such a great 6 months. I can really say that I have enjoyed her baby stage so much. I think because I know how quickly they grow and how the baby stage is so easy compared to her big sisters! She is so sweet and happy most the time. I love her sweet smile and her laugh. She loves her family and smiles so much when her sisters talk to her. Here's what Mary has been up to this month:

She sucks her two middle fingers to calm down or go to sleep.
She wears size 1/2 diapers.
She wears 3-6 month clothes.
She loves the exersaucer and just rolling around on the floor.
She finally is liking the car seat! I am so thankful cause there for awhile it was some pretty loud car rides.
She loves Ellie and Anna. They love her as well and are such good helpers. They never miss telling me when she spits up!
She loves her crib. When she is tired she really just wants to go to bed.
She started eating baby food this month to gain some weight. She has liked it all, but rice cereal. She spits it out.
She still loves to nurse and is anti-bottle. She has not taken a bottle in 6 months. It is crazy for me to think of how dependent she is upon me. It has gotten a lot easier since she is eating food and I can be gone a little bit longer than 3-4 hours. I'm thinking I will make it all 12 months unless she weans herself.
She loves her Daddy and when he talks to her each night.

She does not like getting new teeth. She's been somewhat fussy on the days that her little front tooth is hurting her.
She still spits up pretty often. It is not to fun now that it is orange. I am becoming quite acquainted with oxi clean.
She's starting to realize when I leave the room. She will cry sometimes when she can't see me.

We love her so much and are excited to see her grow each day. I saw this verse the other day and am once again so glad we named her Mary.

" But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart." Luke 2:19
I love that Mary treasured Jesus and remembered Him in her heart. It has been our prayer this Christmas season that we would treasure Jesus and think about Him during Christmas.

1 comment:

Self Family said...

She's absolutely beautiful!! Don't think I have seen her since she was a tiny baby. Such a joy and she looks like her daddy for sure. Happy 6 months Mary!!