Monday, December 7, 2009

Dresses.....

Anna is obsessed with wearing a dress. My mom had to bribe me into wearing one and forget the tights. I was all about playing outside, shooting baskets, etc.. so this whole princess thing is all new to me! She is so sweet each morning begging me to wear one of many Christmas dresses we have in our closet. Some nights we just leave the dress on and sleep with the sparkly shoes as well. I try to not force her in jeans as I want her to enjoy what she wears, but I also don't let her play in the mud in a good dress. Lately, we've been wearing playclothes with the sparkly shoes which seems to be a good compromise. I have a feeling she is going to be quite the leader one day as she is very bold and sharp with her words. She is not afraid to tell me:
"mommy, I'm cute as she fluffs her hair" or "mommy, I will be a princess and Ellie will be a super hero and she cannot come into my castle or my party". We are working on kindness these days! Any tips for the wardrobe battle would be helpful. At least, they are not fighting over clothes yet as Ellie begs me not to wear tights or a dress. Blue Jeans are just fine with her.

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Katherine wants to wear dresses every day and she loves to wear her dress up clothes. To deal with it I have done several things. I try to buy lots of dresses. I buy a lot of play dresses (knit cotton) at consignment sales so they can get muddy. I try to enforce tights or leggings or even jeans under the dresses in the winter. As far as dress up and sparkly our rules are that you cannot wear dress up clothes when we eat or leave the house but often she can choose an accessory to wear when we go somewhere. Usually it is a tiara. I do get annoyed at all of the cute pants outfits that are going unworn but overall I choose not to fight the battle as long as she is dressed for the weather.

The Via Colony said...

That is SO funny. It's exactly the same with me. I was such a tom-boy and hated dresses and it's all I can do to get Areyna to wear pants=) She is obsessed with ANYTHING princess, HA! Where did these girls get it from?