Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Life Lately....

Well, I have been bad about blogging lately cause if I don't have pictures I don't seem to post as much. I have pictures on Mike's computer and he is at church right now! I will have to post some more later with some very fun pictures! February, has been a very busy month and full of all kinds of crazy fun! Here's what we have been up to lately in no particular order:

It has been really cold here this winter as far as a Texas winter goes. I don't remember the last time we went to the park and so we've had to be creative with playing inside etc...I am so thankful for preschool or else we would all be getting a little stir crazy. Yesterday, Mike had the day off so we went to the Children's Museum of Dallas. Our sweet, Mimi got us a family membership which I know we will use all the time! The girls love it and it is manageable for me to take all 3 girls by myself. Our playgroup goes sometimes as well so it will be fun to go with friends on cold, winter days or blazing hot summer days!

We just had D-Town at Watermark which is our version of Disciple Now. It was so awesome and such a blessing to so many kids. It is the student ministry teams biggest event so many hours and hard work were invested into the weekend. There were 480 students and 120 leaders involved. It was A LOT of people and so much fun! Mike was the speaker and he came up with the theme which was " 5 Dangerous Prayers" from Psalm 51. He made the curriculum which went great with their being 5 sessions of either small group/large group time. The prayers were
Clean Me, Teach Me, Mold Me, Use Me, and Break Me.
The other staff did all the creative parts, music, videos, etc... They did such a good job and are so creative. The ideas they come up with are awesome. My favorite part was on Friday night during the first session. They rewrote the Black Eyed Peas Song "Tonight is going to be a good night". It was awesome and so loud in there. It for sure set the tone for the weekend. They went on to rewrite "Party in the USA" and a Taylor Swift song all about DTOWN.
I was able to host my small group girls who are in 11th grade. They are so much fun and so committed. I love their passion and faithfulness when we meet each Wednesday or for big events. Mike was with his 9th grade boys and they stayed up much later than we did. I don't know how he does it. He really has so much energy. He is speaking tonight to our Young Adults cause JP is sick.

Teeth or Ears? I'm sure most of you who have a little one have wondered what is wrong with them. Mary was really fussy today and not sleeping well. I couldn't tell which one it was and she didn't have a fever so I was really confused. I decided at 5:00 that I didn't want to risk a sleepless night so we went to the Dr. It was an ear infection and I am so glad I took her. The Dr. gave her some meds. and I'm sure she will be great soon!

Well, I am watching American Idol for the first time this season. We always have something on Tuesday night and I never get to watch. It seems pretty good so far. I hope we can keep up with it till the end. Have a great week!

2 comments:

The Oakes said...

Don't worry about the pictures, I still love to read what is going on with the Shelton family! Mike puts great twitter pictures of the girls on FB so I can always check there is needed.

The Via Colony said...

Hope little Mary starts feeling better SOON! Your D-now weekend sounds awesome=)

Hope life slows down a little for ya'll to catch your breathe...