Friday, September 4, 2009

She's growing up....

My sweet little Mary is 3 months old today. I love this picture cause don't we all wish we could just hold them like this forever. Life is pretty simple with a little baby. I cannot imagine life without her in our family. In some ways I've kind of forgotten what it was like to just have two girls. She's such a blessing to us and such a reminder to me of how I want to treasure these early days. Here's what Mary is like at 3 months old.
* Most people immediately say she looks just like a Shelton girl. I'm thinking we will be hearing this a lot in the upcoming years.
* Weight 10 lb. 110z. (25%) Height 23 1/2 inches (50%) She may tower over her big sisters someday!
* Mary has a great smile that is really big and she smiles instantly when someone looks at her.
* She does not like the bottle and loves her mommy's milk.
* Mary does well in the church nursery and has been going since she was about 4 weeks old. They all love her and always comment on how petite she is... another comment we hear often!
* Ellie still adores Mary. It is really sweet when she is upset the girls will sing to her or try to comfort her. Ellie and Mary sleep in the same room and it is working really well. It actually helps Ellie to go to sleep knowing that Mary is right next to her.
* Mary loves her crib. She's a tummy sleeper and is pretty much done with the paci. I don't know if she will like her fingers or thumb more. I don't have to do anything to get her to go to sleep.
* Mary DOES NOT like the car seat which can make for some interesting car rides when all three girls are upset. She really does not even want to sit in when we are out somewhere. I have to use the baby bjorn or just hold her when we are out. However, how often am I out with all three girls unless we are with Mike or friends.
* Mary loves a routine and is pretty much a typical "Baby Wise" baby and has followed the routine part really well.
* Mary spits up a lot and Mike loves it when it is on a nice clean shirt:) I've gotten used to it and have gotten pretty good at just rubbing it in to whatever surface it lands on.
* Mary is sleeping 12-14 hours. Everyone should have a third baby to experience this joy! Ha!
* Mary loves to lay on the floor to look around or in her bouncy chair. She does not like the swing very much.
* Mary is quite the little baby doll for Ellie and Anna. They love to put dress up stuff on her like sunglasses, crowns, shoes, and necklaces. She also has been through a lot in her first 3 months and I've learned that she is pretty tough. Anna accidentally stepped on her head. She's always getting her arms pulled or her feet. They love to blow bubbles on her tummy. She does love it and I'm just enjoying the days where I don't have three girls fighting over the same toy!

We love our sweet little girl so much and are so blessed with three uniquely different little girls. I really cannot picture our house when they are older, but that it will be full of all kind of different personalities! What a gift our children are from God.

4 comments:

The Via Colony said...

that is so sweet! I'm so glad she is sleepin so well for you! she does look just like a shelton baby=) 3 months already...really?

Kelly Via said...

You know, Mary is 3 months, Karis is two months, and Josh and Tasha's little Micaiah is a month. Its fun to read about what each one is doing with them being so close and all. I absolutely love that picture!! So precious!! She DOES look like a Shelton baby; so beautiful.

the broomes said...

So sweet, Holly. I've enjoyed Caleb as a little baby so much. I'm not ready for him to get any bigger! The other night, we all went out for Mexican and Caleb was sitting in a highchair, feeding himself. I looked at Fred and said "Look, we're past the infant stage again." Wow how time flies! Mary is so pretty-- and definitely looks like a Shelton girl. That is fabulous that she is such a great sleeper. Caleb is not nearly that good; like 11-12 hours tops...I guess I still can't complain, though, can I?:)

MommaRu said...

pretty girl. Glad you adjusting so well to three.