Friday, September 11, 2009

A mess filled morning....

I don't want to forget all my kids messy habits and one day I know I will wish I could clean up their mess when they are away at college and I miss them so much....
They say being a mom is a full-time job, but I think cleaning up all that occurs in our house on a daily basis is a full-time job not to mention all the other things we do during the day:)
Our morning started off okay and then it tends to get a little crazy when we all start getting ready for the day. Their are lots of clothes to put away, jammies, diapers, sippy cups, etc....
Anna can now reach the water dispenser on our fridge. She LOVES to find a plastic cup and fill it up with water. I catch her and she spills the water all over the couch. Ellie then shows me her plastic cup full of ice water and she takes a drink and it spills all over her shirt.
Mary wakes up and I feed her. We both get dressed into clean clothes and she spits up (more like vomits) all over her and all over my clean shirt. It happens all the time so now I just rub it into the carpet, clothing etc....!
I am in the bathroom to come out and both girls have gotten into the fridge to get a drink which is not allowed. They are sitting in a chair with two cans of diet coke opened and now spilling down their shirts and onto the chair. I take them away and put them in separate rooms in time out. I start a timer and they actually stay in their rooms for 10 minutes until the timer went off which was very impressive! We are almost out the door and Anna has an accident on the couch of pee so I clean that one up before we leave...
I call my friend Katrina cause we needed to get out of the house asap and our new meeting spot for lunch is Burger King. I know it is so yummy and exciting, but when you have 5 kids under 4 Chcik fil A is no longer fun. BK never has anyone in the play area and it is easy!
We get to BK and are everyone is doing good until Katrina's daughter Carsen spills almost a whole bottle of chocolate milk all over the floor. We wipe that one off and then discuss for awhile how hard being a SAHM really is right now. I am so thankful for sweet friends who are going through this stage with me. All the kids are asleep now for a nap and I think I need one as well!

6 comments:

The Oakes said...

I'm right there with you Holly. The diet coke part is great. At our house that would have totally been Alaire's idea and some how she would have coaxed her brother into opening them.

Hope nap time was long and restful!

Caryn said...

I feel you on this one!!! I had cleaned the house yesterday for community group girls coming over and (while Stacey was as school and Wyatt was sleeping) and no exaggeration it just doesn't last for one minute. i would like to feed them every meal outside and keep them naked sometimes just to avoid the nonstop mess that follows them!! My heart goes out to your messy day :)

the broomes said...

OHHHHHH Holly!!! I SO hear ya, girl! This is a MAJOR stress for me. There are days when I long for a clean and organized house and we never get there. I too have to constantly be reminded of what a blessing this stage of life is and how it will be gone before we know it. Thank you for this post-- it is encouraging to know that other moms are right there with me!:)

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness.. I got stressed just reading that story.. I don't know how I could handle more than one.. You are amazing!!

Katrina said...

What a day! at least we had fun last night. thanks again for having us over and rearranging everyone :)

The Via Colony said...

It is nice to have friends who are in the same stage as you. You can def. count me into that category right there with you...

I hope you got that nap in=)