Friday, June 27, 2008

My friend Amy...

Well, it is 12:45 A.M. and I am watching the USA network in tears cause one of my best friends Amy Begley just made the olympic team in the 10,000 meters. It was amazing cause she fought like I have never seen anyone race before. She had to be in the top three women, but she also had to meet an olympic standard A time which was under 31:45 and she ran 31:43. She is now 30 years old and we were roommate our freshman year at AR and have ran many miles together. We've always kept up with each other and were in each others weddings. She has an awesome husband who has followed her all across the country supporting her. I love her family and I cannot imagine her mom and dad right now in the stadium. Anyways, I am sure there will be a youtube video soon of her race/last couple of minutes that I will post soon. You could probably watch her race tomorrow night as well on NBC I think it is at 8:00. It was just so amazing to watch it live and see her running her victory lap with the American flag. Cheer her on in Beijing!

6 comments:

The Via Colony said...

How cool is that!!!

Smooth said...

That is incredible!! I bet that is so sweet for you!

Wow, way to go you running with an Olympian in college!! I bet she was a tough running partner!

Smooth said...

that was kelly

The Penuels said...

How fun!! That will be so neat to watch :)

Amber said...

this is so cool...i will be excited to follow her now! so fun!

Matt and Jen said...

amazing!! so are you famous, too?? i know, the sheltons are already famous for so many reasons!!! :)